How to contribute images and other content to Viperlib
If you have created visual perception images or other content that you’d like to send us, we’d love to add them to Viperlib. Prior to uploading, downloading or submitting any new material, you will need to agree to our terms and conditions of service.
We can take images in any format using whichever method of transfer is most convenient for you—email, ftp (contact us for details of ftp transfer), CD, zip disk… However, we are finding that the following are particularly popular:
- Jpeg images (compression at 10% of size or 90% compression of image is ideal)
- Pixel size 1000 × 800
- File size: less that 1Mb
- Movies: .mov (QuickTime) or .avi formats
- Animated GIFs
If you want to submit a Macromedia Director file, please offer an alternative format so that people who do not have Director can view the demo.
- All contributions are acknowledged. Our standard acknowledgement is “Image supplied by [name of contributor] at [name of institution]”, but if you’d prefer us to use different wording, please let us know. We also add a link to the source website or contributor’s site as appropriate, so that users can obtain additional information if required.
- Images are associated with keywords, meta-data, descriptions and author name to facilitate browsing and searching the library. These will be added by Viperlib, but if you’d like to provide keywords and a brief description, that would be great. We do not have a predefined list of keywords at this stage.
- Please ensure that you hold the copyright for any material you are offering
- If your images are of individuals (or parts of individuals!) we should obtain their consent in order to comply with the Data Protection Act 1988. We can supply a simple form for this.
- When your contribution appears on Viperlib, if you are not satisfied with the information associated with it, please contact us and we will correct any mistakes immediately.